Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Another Day in Paradise

My son is learning his ABCs. So at least once a day we are treated to his rendition of this song. It's a little like watching other countries' versions of American Idol. You know where the contestants make up their own lyrics because their grasp of English isn't very good(kinda like mine)? Yep. It's like that but actually cute (And there is no Foreign version of Paula Abdul to generate hostility in me). He does pretty well at it until roughly around H. From H it becomes H-R-Tay-Tay-L-M-N-O-P etc.. Also, 'S' sounds suspiciously like 'x'. It's so endearing that the wife and I don't want to correct him. I figure he'll know everything and hate us soon enough, but for now, he can keep being my little boy.

My daughter is in a rush to grow up as well. Yesterday I watched her pull herself up into a stand, teeter, try a step and then plop down on her butt. She did this at least a dozen times. That's perserverance. She then got so frustrated that she threw a fit but the actions leading up to it were pretty impressive. She's definitely got heart. It probably didn't help that I would leg sweep her everytime she got more then one step but I'm breeding Spartans.....Ok, ok, that's not a true story and my wife would leg sweep me if I did that but it sounded hard. In reality, my daughter has me wrapped around her little finger. That little smile of hers melts my heart. Yeah, I'm pretty much screwed when she gets older.

On a different, much more manly note, my coach just called me and said that he has ringworm. Wonderful. On Monday, we grappled for conditioning (Which my wife says is just an excuse for us express our repressed homosexual urges but I don't agree because there is not a lot of kissin....er....doh!). Nothing is itching so maybe I avoided it. Just one more thing to worry about. Gotta love it.

1 comment:

  1. If you come home with ringworm on your genitals we are going to have problems.

    ReplyDelete