Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sick little animals

Today D, my daughter, woke up screaming at 4:15am. She was then inconsolable. I thought it might be the realization of who her father was but alas, no she's legitimately sick with a temperature of 101 and a nasty little cough. So I am staying home from work today. Why couldn't she have gotten sick on a Monday or a Friday? Kind of inconsiderate of her. Oh well. I'll remember this when she needs braces or some organ, which in turn, will screw me when it's time to select an old folks home. I'm sure she'll choose the one from Happy Gilmore.

Of course after dosing her with some infant pain meds, she's running around engaging in various shenanigans. She took my day planner apart and then looked up and grinned at me. A gigantic toothless grin that melted my heart. Now I have no idea what I'm doing for the next two months, but damn it was a beautiful smile. She has me completely wrapped around her finger. I am so screwed.

On a different note, I got in the ring yesterday for the first time in about three months. It was ugly. I got worked and to top it all off, I got freaked out by the head gear. I've only sparred before in the open faced head gear. This one has a bar across the front. That's great for protecting your face (I'm so pretty) but I felt like I was suffocating. The second round I literally felt like ripping off my head gear and running out of the ring. I stayed by sheer force of will (that and the fear of the ribbing that would be forthcoming) but switched head gear for the last round. I didn't know I was claustrophobic. I was good after that. Well, as good as you can be getting punched in the face by a professional boxer.

Today, I am a mass of soreness. My shoulders are killing me. My face and solar plexus feel thoroughly tenderized (There's a joke in there somewhere). That's what I get for slacking. I was going to lift today, but I think I will let my body recover since I have to do it all over again tomorrow. That's the smart thing to do, so more then likely I'll go lift an hour or so. I'm kinda dumb like that.

1 comment: