Thursday, April 22, 2010

Are You Down With The Sickness

Tuesday, both of my kids had fevers and therefore had to go home sick. I stayed home with them yesterday and that was fun....like pulling teeth while getting kicked in the testicles. Since my daughter wasn't feeling good, she would just randomly start crying for no reason. It was awesome. At the end of the day, they seemed to be on the mend and we were going to be sending them back to school.

Last night I heard my son crying for a second and then it stopped. I got up and when I didn't hear anymore crying, I got back into bed, figuring it was just a nightmare. Well, some primordial parenting instinct made me go check on him. I went into his room and he was choking on his own vomit. Awesome. I turned him on his side and called for the superparent. My wife responded and we did the emergency clean up. Needless to say, he got to stay home again today and also needless to say, of course he seems to be feeling fine now. Right now he is watching one of his Spongebob Squarepants DVDs. He's in hog heaven. I bet he's going to school tomorrow.

What's even better is the little turd was gloating to his sister. "She has to go to school right? I get to stay home right? You have to go to school, Delilah, I don't. I'm staying home. I'm gonna watch t.v." And on and on. Luckily she has no idea what he is saying so it had no impact. He's going to be a nightmare when he's older.

On a related note, I don't know if it's the Stratera or if it's the beginnings of a cold but I'm hella nauseous. I haven't felt like working out which is bad. I'm just afraid I'm going to yack all over the place which would suck as kettlebells are hard to get vomit out of :)

1 comment: